Residential Prime Mortgage Underwriter
Job Title: Residential Prime Mortgage Underwriter
Department: Single Family Residential Mortgage Department
Reports To: Manager, Residential Prime Mortgage
The Residential Prime Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for assessing all new mortgage applications and increases to existing mortgages in a timely and prudent manner within established guidelines. This must be done as efficiently as possible while exercising sound lending judgment and without compromising service and profitability.
- On a daily basis, incumbents must promptly review received applications, verify the supporting documentation to ensure accuracy and legitimacy, approve, decline or refer the applications for approval. The incumbents are also responsible to ensure that approved deals close as scheduled and as efficiently as possible by following up on outstanding conditions/documents and ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Follow up with brokers on a daily basis on issued mortgage commitments to ensure that funding volumes are maximized.
- On a daily basis, provide the highest level of internal and external customer service while fielding mortgage broker inquiries and building strong broker relationships.
- On a daily basis, be the main point of contact and provide underwriting expertise to mortgage brokers, provide assistance to co-workers when required to meet the Bank’s service levels and maintain up to date knowledge of company and insurers policies and products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent knowledge of mortgage default insurers’ lending programs and underwriting guidelines
- Completion of a college or equivalent post secondary degree preferably in a financial field
- Minimum 2 years’ residential underwriting experience, at least one of which in Prime underwriting
- Knowledge of and experience in underwriting residential mortgages in the Quebec market a definite asset
- Experience in underwriting mortgages for properties located in different provinces an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and to perform well in a high volume, high intensity environment
- Sound thinker with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with brokers
- Commitment to developing him/her-self and to keeping abreast of industry changes and trends
- Type de paie Salaire
- Equitable Bank, 1333 8th St. SW, Suite 600, Calgary, Alberta, Canada