Senior Analyst, IT Strategy
Toronto | Full time
SENIOR ANALYST, IT STRATEGY (posted 2019-11)
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's challenger bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. We don’t have branches or cheques or paper statements – we put our money into simple, well-valued products instead. Equitable has >900 employees and >$31 billion in assets under management. In 2016 we launched a digital arm called EQ Bank, which now has >88,000 customers. We have all the trust, stability, and respect of a Schedule I bank, the desire to make a difference, and the agility to make it happen.
About the role
You will assist in building and maintaining a technology strategy and roadmap that aligns with both business strategies and the IT vision. A key component of the role is to assist in conceptualizing early-stage technology-related initiatives, with the goal of identifying common capabilities, scope definition via story mapping, RFIs, technology estimates, and business casing.
You are a strong collaborative facilitator, excellent data-driven researcher and technologist.
- Tech Strategy and roadmap of projects, services and core banking initiatives
- Drive conceptual strategy phase for new initiativesConduct research, RFIs, and FinTech/vendor assessments to identify opportunities and recommend strategic options.
- Stay current with new market trends and innovations Primary manager and consumer for Technology Research Partners (eg Gartner)
- Contribute to the annual planning process Work with other Technology colleagues to document Target State Conceptual Architecture
- 3-5+ years of experience in Financial Services (retail or digital banking), or in Technology/Management Consulting roles
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills to lead and/or facilitate the assessment of innovative/creative solutions Experience working in a highly collaborative and customer-centric environment
- Experience or familiarity with Open APIs, Technical Product Management, MicroService / Enterprise Service Bus architecture, cloud IaaS / PaaS, mobile platforms, trends in digital/retail banking
- Experience working in a highly-regulated industry like banking, insurance, health care, etc.
What We Offer
- A modern tech stack, DevOps pipeline, and PaaS to build awesome solutions
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
- A modern work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, diverse work environment
- Type de paie Salaire
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada