Full Time Brookstreet Hotel Assistant Food & Beverage Outlets Manager
Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, conference and wedding destination is seeking a talented, dynamic F&B Assistant Outlets Manager. Working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience in Kanata North, Ottawa where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
In 2019, we were awarded:
- CAA 4 Diamond Award
- Favourite Hotel Faces Magazine Award
- Favourite Corporate Function Venue Faces Magazine Award
- 2019 Employee’s Choice Awards from the Ottawa Business Journal
Apply online, Email your resume to email@example.com or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Friday between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesday 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more ...
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them)
- Paid personal days
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café
- Great social events including: annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more!
- Hotel training program; plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided to full time staff
- Employee assistance program
Leadership development training program
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead the F&B outlet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guests concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding and training of all partners and leads
- Balance operational, administrative and partner needs
- Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the F&B teams to implement upon strategies, practices and promotions
- Inspire the ongoing professional development, performance management, growth and satisfaction of all team members
- Works with the culinary team, stewarding, and all outlets and hotel leaders to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture
- Assist with the development of creative menus, wine lists, service delivery and standards of all F&B operations
- Promotes and ensures a clean and safe working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting health & safety
- Attend departmental, F&B and hotel meetings in the absence of the manager
- Assist with the staffing and scheduling to ensure adequate and balanced partners and leadership levels in line with our labour standards and productivity expectations
- Ensures a positive visual impact, including ambiance, cleanliness, décor and service
Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
- Previous Point of Sale system experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Pay Type Salary
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada