Part Time Housekeeping Late Room Attendant
Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, and conference and wedding destination. Working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain. Located in the heart of Kanata Research Park.
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Clean assigned guest rooms including turn down, early departures, etc. Completing the koolbox check in all guest rooms on a daily basis. Perform any combination of the following task to maintain guest rooms and provide sensational service to our guests.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more ...
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided to full time staff
- Employee assistance program
Leadership development training program
- Must have strong organizations skills and be able to prioritize job duties
- Be a team player, dependable and able to work with little supervision
- Be able to switch focus and tasks quickly and with short notice.
- Be detail oriented
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team and ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Must have 7 day availability (Afternoon, Evenings and Weekends).
- Must be available 12:00pm – 8:30pm for all shifts
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Clean assigned guest rooms, including the daily changing of bed linens, replacing towels, cleaning the bathroom, dusting, vacuuming and the removal of garbage
- Ensure all corridors, styling closets and public areas are cleaned to the Brookstreet standard
- Complete daily assignment sheets and document any maintenance problems from the guest rooms.
- Deliver the highest level of cleanliness in guest rooms and public areas.
- Interact with guests to promote a positive image of the property.
- Perform washroom checks as needed in evenings to assist house stylist with busy events.
- Perform turn down/wedding turn down duties for assigned Guest rooms.
- Perform Guest room deep cleaning or project tasks as needed.
- Ensure that all in-room accessories and promotional materials are in place and ensure that mini bars are functioning properly. Report any mini bars malfunctioning to styling leader.
- Ensure products are rotated, and expired product removed from guest rooms.
- Maintain adequate stock of products on the koolbox cart; restocking at end of each day and reporting any shortages/orders to be placed to styling leader.
- Accurately record guest consumption for posting and keep daily logs organized and up to date.
- Deep cleaning of mini bars on regular basis.
Assist in sorting linen in chute, delivering linen and restocking of Room Stylist carts.
Apply online, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada