Part Time Sushi Chef
This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community in Kanata North and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
Start your culinary career working alongside industry’s best, Executive Chef Clifford Lyness and his team. Brookstreet Hotel is looking for a Part Time Sushi Chef to join their growing team.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
Leadership development training program
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a sushi chef. Line experience is an asset.
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques ability to work fast and accurately.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Team oriented and flexible to take on various shifts.
- Available to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings.
Diploma or Degree from a recognized culinary program/post-secondary institution an asset.
- Create a rich sushi menu including cooking rice, rolling sushi, temperature recording, cutting, and packaging for take-out or dine-in plate preparations.
- Manage food stock and working with an attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards.
- Selecting fresh fruits and vegetables to make high quality dishes.
- Can handle the work station with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with staffs to ensure proper cooking, considering special request and food allergies.
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift.
- Manage the daily team production requirements using a ‘To Do List’ program.
- Develop new ideas while maintaining a common vision with the Brookstreet culinary team.
- Ensure a time management approach is implemented while ensuring complete tasks as assigned.
Manage food cost and ability to work with varying products on a daily basis.
Apply online, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada