Part Time Brookstreet Hotel Banquet Stager
Brookstreet Hotel, Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, conference and wedding destination is seeking talented, dynamic Banquet Stagers.
Located in the heart of the Kanata Research Park; working at Brookstreet Hotel means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa. We deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
Apply online at www.brookstreethotel.com/careers, Email your resume to email@example.com or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00pm-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00pm-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR Office.
Positions available: Two (2)
Anticipated Start Date: Late August / September 2019
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
Leadership development training program
Reports To: Banquet Manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cohesively in a team setting or on an individual basis
- Ability to focus attention on details and multi-task
- Previous experience in like position an asset
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize job duties
- Must be available for all shifts including weekends & holidays based on business volumes
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Resourceful & creative
- Must be physically able to lift/push/ pull heavy items minimum 50 pounds weight
- Must be smart serve certified
- Ensure that work is conducted according to the Banquet SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Completing physical room set ups & tear downs per the SEO & SOP
- Communicate information given from the on-site contact to the floor lead for follow up
- Ensure that work is conducted keeping Health & Safety of oneself, colleagues & guests a top priority. Completion of Form 6 & 7 following any injury with proper medical attention.
- Report any broken banquet equipment to be repaired. Then remove from service and bring item to the proper repair location.
- Complete opening and closing duties on every shift
- Work in the coat check during winter/Christmas season
- Maintain the cleanliness of the banquet rooms, and deep cleaning per schedule (shutter vacuuming, hi & low dusting etc.)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada