Part Time Brookstreet Hotel Perspectives Restaurant Server Assistant
Brookstreet Hotel is Ottawa’s leading restaurant, spa, conference and wedding destination. Working at Brookstreet means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
Leadership development training program
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively in a team setting or on an individual basis
- Ability to focus attention on details and multi task
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize job duties
- Knowledge of Perspectives menu and wine list
- Promote the SPICIER culture
- Must be available on weekends and evening with 1-2 week days
- Must be Smart Serve certified
- Must have previous experience in fine dining and/or fast paced restaurant environment
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Hospitality & Hotel education is an asset
AM Shifts Specific Tasks
- Proactively set up for service; breads are defrosted, ketchup, soup bowls, condiments including butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, etc.
- Requisition and stock product; including jams, cereals, waters, condiments, juices, milk, coffee etc.
- Responsible for brunch buffet quality; ensure utensils are clean, check food quality, have product knowledge to answer questions
- Ensure great buffet service. Make sure the guests’ needs are met. Host and interact with the guests who are enjoying the buffet.
- Help with expediting lunch. Support with seating/table numbers. Demonstrate full menu knowledge of all a la carte items.
- Assist with tables. Clearing and re setting tables with servers. Use proper tray methods.
- Running food during lunch, offering to refill drinks etc.
PM Shift Specific Tasks
- Proactively set up for service. Butters, oils, balsamic, coffee, sugar caddies, milkers & creamers, dessert cutlery, bread basket and bread box, etc.
- Create great guest experiences; water service (first to table), bread service, have floor awareness (sections, servers, guest names, occasions, allergies).
- Assist servers in running food, clearing plates, glassware, replacing cutlery, filling water, offering more bread/oil.
- Help with dessert/coffee orders.
- Have product knowledge, including ports/dessert wines.
- Requisition and restock items; butters, oils, waters, coffee, coffee filters, etc.
- Assist with tables. Clear and reset tables with servers. Use proper tray methods.
- Bread service at the table should be informative and personable. Offer butter & balsamic. Explain oil selection.
Apply online, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Kanata, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – HR (Casting) Office.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada