Socan Foundation - Program & Development Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Program and Development Coordinator (1-year contract)
REPORTS TO: SOCAN Foundation Executive Director
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
LANGUAGE: English (Bilingualism is an asset)
STATUS: Full-time (35 hours per week)
The SOCAN Foundation is seeking a dynamic Program & Development Coordinator to join our team as we embark on our next phase of development. This position is responsible for supporting the team with day to day deliverables.
If you have proven strong, experience at a non-profit, or Foundation and want to grow your career in development and are passionate about the music we want to hear from you.
- Provide support to SOCAN Foundation applicants
- Provide administrative support when necessary
- Test SOCAN Foundation online application systems at required intervals, and
- when implementing modifications, in order to ensure accuracy and efficiency
Communication & Marketing (10%)
- Developing Communications and Marketing efforts (e.g. media releases, or promotional material, and edit website content)
- Draft and arrange for distribution of SOCAN Foundation media releases
- Maintain SOCAN Foundation’s presence on social media (Facebook, Instagram),
- and communicate news via those vehicles
- Providing fundraising support to the SOCAN Foundation and SOCAN Foundation Charitable Fund
- Experienced with fundraising and development
Program Coordination (25%)
- Coordinate programs, such as: Incubator for Creative Entrepreneurship, Equity X Production Mentorship Program, etc.
- Coordinate special events and projects, as necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office [Excel + Word] and in applicable office and business applications
- Experienced on how to use computer systems for data management (Smartsimple) is an asset
- The ideal candidate will have a positive and enthusiastic personality with strong customer service skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, as well as superior phone etiquette
- Know how to use social media and develop a communications strategy
- Experienced collaborator and able to multitask on different tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of SOCAN, performing rights and copyright
- Ability to act with tact and maintain composure in stressful situations, as well as work with numerous interruptions
- Grants/Sponsorship Management Experience is an asset.
- Detail Orientated
- Creative thinker
- Relationship builder
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the cultural or creative sector
- Completed post-secondary education (preferred)
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing to Human Resources – Toronto Office and include a recent copy of your résumé. Please apply by visiting SOCAN’s Careers page.
Skills may be tested, and selection will be based on factors such as past performance, previous related experience and alignment of personal skills and attributes to those required to perform the job.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Applications must be received in Human Resources by noon on Monday February 17, 2020.
This is a full-time position, 35-hour work weeks – 1-year contract with possibility of renewal.
ABOUT THE SOCAN FOUNDATION
SOCAN Foundation provides grants for Canadian music creators and publishers working to promote appreciation for Canadian music in todays society. Our grants support the spread of our music both within Canada and abroad, ensuring our voices are heard all over the world and in our own backyards.
SOCAN Foundation awards emerging Canadian musical and audio-visual composers and songwriters producing high quality original work that deserve to be recognized. A wide variety of awards are available to recognize the remarkable talent we call Canadian music creators across genres.
SOCAN Foundation offers programs to foster Canadian music through innovative partnership.
For more information on the SOCAN Foundation, please visit https://www.socanfoundation.ca/.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Toronto, ON, Canada