Membership - Member Services - Information Officer
POSITION TITLE: Information Officer
REPORTS TO: Supervisor – Member Relations
LOCATION: All Locations – Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver
LANGUAGE: Bilingual (French and English)
The purpose of this position is to act as the first point of contact at SOCAN and to provide excellent customer service to our members, applicants and the general public in both English and/or French via all methods of communication. Resolve account inquiries, help educate our members to understand SOCAN, and proactively identify any and all opportunities to maximize efforts in getting members paid
- Act as the primary contact for members and the general public who contact SOCAN’s Information Centre.
- Respond to callers (inbound or outbound) in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Perform tasks with short cycle times such as profile updates.
- Document and track member related queries in EPICOR by maintaining SLA’s providing updates to members regarding status and progress to ensure timely resolution of queries while adhering to Member Query Policy and Procedures
- Promote self-service to members and non-members by referring queries to SOCAN website.
- Liaise with other Departments as required for any technical/processing queries as required.
- Develop and maintain a high awareness of SOCAN’s services, service issues, the department structure and responsibilities.
- Keep informed of goals, policies and procedures in the Information Centre.
- Self-monitor and measure performance against the Information Centre’s standards of customer satisfaction.
- Recognize trends or changes in types of calls or callers’ questions. Inform Direct reports and peers of new trends and/or changes.
- Administrative functions, which include but are not limited to: Research of work registration forms, handling Advance requests, cue sheets, foreign suspense, underpayment queries etc.
- Other duties as required, which are directly related to the key responsibilities of the position
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Strong interest in the music industry and business (background preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Superior telephone manners, including good telephone etiquette, voice quality, diction and articulation
- Superior listening skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Experience working in a computerized environment. Familiarity with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency in keyboard skills with a minimum speed of 35-40 words per minute
- The ability to learn various applications Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) system, queuing, call waiting and talk time, Case Management, Egain (email system) and EPICOR
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changes in structure and policy and procedures
- Willingness to upgrade skills with ongoing related and corporate education and training
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Canadian music industry, SOCAN, and copyright is an asset
- Service Oriented
- Results oriented
- Relationship Builder
- Emotional Intelligence
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service/customer care experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the music industry (preferred)
- Post-secondary education
This position requires a 5 day workweek. Flexibility in covering work schedules and rotate shifts as required. The Information Officer’s (IO) position requires a high degree of flexibility and adaptability. The IO demonstrates the ability to work under pressure and multi-task by sitting and at time standing, in a workspace for approximately ninety percent of each work shift, handling telephone calls, responding to email queries, research, and problem solving within EPICOR. The IO demonstrates an open communication style with callers, internal staff and management. The IO is encouraged to contribute to improved process and to anticipate potential problems and provide proactive resolutions rather than reactive approaches. Reporting to the Supervisor , Member Relations, the IO works with direct supervision but is also expected to work for periods in a self-directed and self-motivated manner. The IO is expected to follow the Information Centre’s established policies and procedures but shows a willingness to work with peers and the Manager, Member Operations to adjust policies and procedures to align with SOCAN’s changing business environment.The IO should expect that quality will be monitored and managed through the ACD system, side-by-side coaching, and random follow-up calls to Members.
Please select "Apply Now" at the bottom of the screen to apply. Applications sent through email or regular mail will not be accepted.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities.
Please go to http://www.socan.ca/content/accessibility-socan to review SOCAN's policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace. If you have been selected for an interview and require any accommodations, please advise the contact at this time.
Candidates applying in French as requested to submit a copy of the English version of their Resume.
Applications must be received by January 17, 2020 at noon.
Skills and aptitude may be tested and selection will be based on factors such as previous related experience and alignment of aptitude, personal skills and attributes to those required to perform the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
SOCAN connects more than four-million music creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada. Nearly 150,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers are its direct members, and more than 130,000 organizations are Licensed to Play music across Canada. With a concerted use of progressive technology and a commitment to lead the global transformation of music rights, with wholly-owned subsidiaries Audiam and MediaNet, SOCAN is dedicated to upholding the fundamental truths that music has value and music creators and publishers deserve fair compensation for their work. For more information about SOCAN visitwww.socan.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada