IT - Infrastructure - Operations Admin
POSITION: Operations Admin
REPORTS TO: Manager, IT Infrastructure & Information Security
SOCAN is a rights management organization that represents 150,000 Canadian songwriters, composers and music publishers. We issue licenses for the performance and reproduction of music to over 100,000 organizations across the country. The operations administrator, as a member of the IT department, will actively participate in collection and distribution of royalties to our members in Canada and throughout the globe.
- Manage processing of quarterly distributions within Epicor and supporting applications. Monitor and verify job logs for successful completion and escalate errors to IT teams.
- Assist in updating documentation for Operations manuals. Assist in preparing quarterly distribution job schedules/manuals.
- Execute and verify/review backups and restores for all SOCAN computer systems.
- Participate in IT Infrastructure projects and complete all assigned project tasks on time, on budget and to satisfaction of the user.
- Carry out other IT operations administrative tasks and procedures (e.g., writing scripts, automating jobs, updating spreadsheets etc)
- Assist with IT purchasing & invoicing.
- Knowledge in Epicor or similar ERP applications
- Scripting on Windows platforms (powershell preferred)
- Experience in automation and job scheduling using tools such as Control-M
- Sound Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office knowledge
- Experience with backup applications.
- Nice to have – SSIS scripting, SSRS reporting, automating data movement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Execute assigned tasks within established schedules
- Good teamwork and customer service aptitude
- Good organizational, time management skills and ability to carry out concurrent tasks
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Self-starter, willing to learn new tools and applications
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude
Paid on-call, after hours and weekend work are required. Overtime work is required during critical processing periods. This is shared by the IT Operations staff.
Skills may be tested, and selection will be based on factors such as past performance, previous related experience and alignment of personal skills and attributes to those required to perform the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada