IT -Digital & Integrated Services - Sr. Data Developer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Digital & Integration Services
This position reports to the Manager, Digital & Integration Services and joins existing team of developers. The duties and responsibilities of this role are to be a lead developer regarding solution design in a hands-on manner, in addition to also having to lead a team of developers (Full Time or Contract). As the Application Sr. Developer, this role will play a critical part in executing the technical direction for the department. Sr. Developers lead the discussion around detailed solution design and work closely with our Architecture team on over high-level solution designs. Key focus areas for the team includes Detailed Design, Integration and Digital build, CI/CD processes and other project deliverables.
Examples of key initiatives for the Digital and Integration Services team:
- Develop and maintain our Master Data Management environment focusing on Data Ingestion, Data Quality and Data Matching.
- Event-based integration between applications, between our Master Data Management system and our ERP system and expanding capabilities in closed APIs (real-time B2B).
- Enhance the Data Strategy and roadmap to align with Enterprise Data Warehouse system.
- Work with technical teams to create development standards (naming standards, design patterns, re-usable code library, source code management, enhancement tracking, change management, etc.)
- Work with Functional Analysts to create business cases, by providing input outlining technologies required for new initiatives, along with identifying any impacts/risks/dependencies/costs etc.
- Maintain our security model as the organization expands into a number of different external-based partnerships and both business to business (B2B) and social technologies
- Implement a standard approach to solution quality management
Technology Planning and Strategy
- Working with Business and Technical teams, for planning new initiatives:
- Reviews the high level requirements and provide feedback to Business Analyst – focus on alignment with business, corporate and technical strategies and ensure sufficient information for business cases
- Contribute to a high-level solution (including multiple options where appropriate)
- Contribute to estimates to be used in project portfolio planning
- Contribute to an estimation model and continuously improve it based on actual results from executing initiatives
- Key contact point / escalation point for any technical initiatives/issues prior to escalation to management – will work to resolve any issues, but will not hesitate to escalate where appropriate.
- Evaluate and recommend the packaged application solution that meets Customer requirements.
- Contribute/Develop and maintain technical roadmaps taking into account business and technology strategies
- Contribute to and maintain technology and application capability models
Project Execution: High Level Design, Solution Blueprint and Detailed Design
- During the requirements phase of the project, contribute to the high-level design specification (HLD):
- The HLD will be developed by the lead Architect and usually include a high-level architecture diagram depicting the components, interfaces and networks that need to be further specified or developed and outline the data transfers between each
- During the design phase of the project, contribute to the Solution Blueprint:
- This document describes the overall system architecture and design of the solution, integration of the various solution components and any integration with other application or infrastructure systems.
- The Solution Blueprint should provide an overview of the entire solution by outlining all of the individual detailed design components and the integration required to bring the solution together.
- This typically includes security considerations, operational support, infrastructure set-ups and conversion/migrations as required. This document further elaborates on the High Level Design document completed in the Requirements phase of the project.
- During the build phase of the project, you will lead the creation of the Detailed Design Document (DDD) and its execution:
- The DDD is a layer down from the HLD and details each component of the application and answers the How, Why, What and Where.
- The DDD adheres to the overall Solution Architecture and may also discover new architectural requirements that will cause updates to the HLD.
- DDD is the main application documentation (functional and technical specifications) and is the reference for future enhancements or knowledge transfer. It is a living document that will be continually maintained for the entire application life cycle.
- Through the remaining phases of the project execution, there are a number of deliverables including, test and data migration plans, etc. where, as appropriate, the Sr. Data Developer would be involved.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitation experience
- Lead by example and act as a role model for team members. Motivate and coach team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated competency in interacting with and presenting to all levels of audience including senior management, vendors, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to peer technical leads
- Ability to maintain business partner relationships
- Understanding of, and experience in, strategic and operational planning
- Demonstrated problem solving, self-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player with strong interpersonal, team building and coaching skills
- Familiar with working in an environment with project management discipline and protocols.
- Thorough understanding of common business processes and practices and advanced expertise in complex business / technical processes and their application
- Experience developing business cases and identifying measurable business value improvements
- Experience in gathering clear and concise business requirements
- Superior knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle and software development methodology
- Technical background of sufficient depth and width to recognize opportunities and design solutions to effectively leverage technology
- Advanced Technical knowledge/background in the following:
- Integration: SSIS (ETL), PL/SQL scripts, REST API’s
- Data Applications: SSRS, SSAS (OLAP Cubes), Tabular Models, Data Modeling, MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SharePoint, EPICOR (an asset)
- Reporting: SSRS, PowerBI
- Other Microsoft technologies including Project Server, Team Foundation Server.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management
- Technical passion
- Results oriented
- Relationship and team builder
- Conceptual and forward thinker
- Analytical / systematic thinker
- 7+ Years development experience
- Relevant degree and proven IT experience with emphasis on Data Development, Solution Quality Management, and Process Management/Governance.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site to submit their resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Skills may be tested, and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills.
5 day work week.
Applications must be submitted by January 31, 2020.
Please apply directly to SOCAN's Career site at: http://www.socan.ca/about/careers to be considered for this role. Applications through email or regular mail will not be accepted.
Please apply through the following site to be considered for this role. Applications sent through email or regular mail will not be accepted. MediaNet is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities.
Please go to http://www.socan.ca/content/accessibility-socan to review our policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace. If you have been selected for an interview and require any accommodations, please advise the contact at this time
At MediaNet, you will work with some of the most talented developers, database engineers, analysts, data managers, and thought leaders in the music industry.
MediaNet has been operating in the B2B digital music services arena for 15 years. Our powerful relationships with over 200 record labels and 70,000 publishers mean you'll be directly connected to the heartbeat of new music and technologies. Working with us gives you a seat in the cockpit directing the future of digital music and digital rights management. For more information on MediaNet visit https://www.mndigital.com/about-us/.
SOCAN connects more than four-million music creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada. Nearly 150,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers are its direct members, and more than 130,000 organizations are Licensed To Play music across Canada. With a concerted use of progressive technology and a commitment to lead the global transformation of music rights, with wholly owned subsidiaries Audiam and MediaNet, SOCAN is dedicated to upholding the fundamental truths that music has value and music creators and publishers deserve fair compensation for their work.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of SOCAN (http://www.socan.com/) and Dataclef (https://www.dataclef.com/), your application for employment with MediaNet may be shared with or managed by employees of SOCAN or Dataclef.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada