Finance - Finance Clerk
POSITION TITLE: Finance Clerk
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable Supervisor, Finance
LANGUAGE: English (French is an asset)
The main purpose of the Finance Clerk within the Finance department is to deal with all aspects of the Daily Deposit as it relates to Licensing and Miscellaneous incoming payments in accordance with established guidelines.
This involves operational duties in connection with payments and receipts, maintenance of controls to ensure accuracy e.g. post dated balancing and the documentation of policies and procedures.
In addition, the role will assist the AP and AR areas. AP duties: verification and entry of invoices. AR duties: process related to case management. This role also provides administrative support in the form of filing, scanning, etc. In addition, provides customer service to both internal and external customers
- Download and export banking information from Royal Bank including e-commerce activities.
- Entry and verification of incoming financial transactions into the AR module of Epicor for both Licensing and miscellaneous transactions. e.g. Cash, cheques, POS, EFT, for the cash deposits.
- Scanning and verification of all cheques received into Synergy.
- Reconciliation of Post Dated cheques.
- Accounts Payable duties – Assist in the verification, entry and balancing of Accounts Payable invoices into the Finance Epicor system. Processing of Accounts payable cheques and back up for mailing.
- Accounts Receivable duties - Entry and verification of Accounts Receivable as per cases received as well as back up for entry and verification of AR miscellaneous invoices.
- Provide ad-hoc clerical support as required to the AP and AR areas of the Finance department
- Computer literacy
- Data entry (Alpha / Numeric)
- Aptitude for figures
- Organizational/multi-tasking skills
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Bilingual is an asset (French)
- Service oriented
- Team oriented
- Completion of post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting, or a business-related field is an asset
- CGA student is an asset
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Qualified applicants are invited to visit SOCAN’s career site to submit their resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The workweek is 35 hours, 5-days per week (Monday – Friday). You may be required to work additional hours during peek periods.
Selection will be based on factors such as past performance, previous related experience and alignment of skills with those required for this position.
Please apply directly to SOCAN's Career site at: http://www.socan.ca/about/careers to be considered for this role. Applications through email or regular mail will not be accepted.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to http://www.socan.ca/content/accessibility-socan to review SOCAN's policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace. Please direct any accommodation requirements to email@example.com.
SOCAN connects more than four-million music creators worldwide and more than a quarter-million businesses and individuals in Canada. Nearly 150,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers are its direct members, and more than 130,000 organizations are Licensed To Play music across Canada. With a concerted use of progressive technology and a commitment to lead the global transformation of music rights, with wholly-owned subsidiaries Audiam and MediaNet, SOCAN is dedicated to upholding the fundamental truths that music has value and music creators and publishers deserve fair compensation for their work.
For more information on SOCAN please visit www.socan.ca
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada