Brand & Channel Marketing Manager
Sheridan Nurseries is Canada’s largest integrated garden centre retailer and grower is based in the Toronto area. The company has over 375 hectares (930 acres) of land for growing plants and eight Garden Centres. Sheridan Nurseries Head Office is actively searching for a:
Brand & Channel Marketing Manager
Full Time - Permanent
The Brand & Channel Marketing Manager is a key leader on the Sheridan Marketing Team. Reporting to the VP, Merchandising and Marketing, this individual is responsible for growing our Garden Centre business by strengthening the Sheridan Nurseries Brand and executing innovative consumer programs, as well as growing our Nursery business by partnering with our Sales team to increase our share of wholesale, retail and business-to-business Nursery channels.
- Manages and develops all brand communication (including website copy), social media content & deploys impactful advertising creative campaigns across all business channels.
- Leads all consumer facing programs, promotions, contests, messaging, etc.
- Supports sales efforts to grow share in Nursery Wholesale, Retail and Business-To-Business Channels.
- Works closely with Product Category Managers to ensure Marketing strategies are reflected within the category strategies and vice versa.
- Oversees planning, development and communication of the marketing calendar for all channels.
- Provides customer insights & market trends to be used for continuous improvement.
- Builds brand standards documentation and usage guidelines, functioning as the "keeper" of our brand.
- Is the champion for all creative assets and development of all media strategies.
- Manages the Marketing agency, print and media vendors.
- Measures all marketing programs against industry and internal KPIs.
- Manages all marketing for trade shows, store special events and internal meetings.
- Manages existing and new Sheridan private label products and programs, including product specifications and packaging.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Builds a high-performance environment that attracts, develops and retains top talent.
- Partners with the Marketing Services Manager; providing all creative assets to implement the brand communication plan.
- Strengthened a premium positioned Sheridan Nurseries brand.
- Increased Sheridan Nurseries Garden Centre traffic and sales.
- Profitable share growth in Wholesale, Retail and Business-To-Business Nursery Channels.
- University degree or related education in marketing or communications.
- 5+ years' experience in marketing, digital & social media & influencer marketing.
- Experience in Retails in an asset.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, metrics and analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Honed analytical and budgeting skills.
- Excellent creativity, copywriting and marketing communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Entrepreneurial and customer focused attitude.
- Ability to work well across the organization and with 3rd parties.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Head Office - 12266 10th Line, 12266 10th Line, Georgetown, Ontario, Canada