Accounts Payable (AP) Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accounts Payable Coordinator completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling expenses and invoices.
- Pay vendors by preparing and scheduling cheques or electronic fund transfers; resolve invoice discrepancies, ensure credit is received and issue stop payments as required.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expenses and preparing electronic fund transfers.
- Analyse expenses and invoices, charge to accounts and cost centres and record entries.
- Verify and reconcile entries by comparing balances to system reports.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting and verifying account transaction.
- Verify and reconcile vendor monthly statements and relate transactions.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and vendor accounts and records.
- Maintain historical records.
- Additional duties and projects may be assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, accounting or a related field.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a small to mid size company.
- Experience with Great Plains is preferred.
- Able to work in to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate in a professional manner, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail, good decision making, judgement and organizational skills.
- Intermediate computer and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint) skills.
- 1,500 + team members, serving 100,000 + members across 23 locations and growing
- Extended benefits, three weeks’ vacation & more
- Casual dress and fun work environment
- Complimentary gym membership and discounted personal training
- Retail discounts with New Balance
- Corporate Home Office, 149 - 10551 Shellbridge Way, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada