Electrician/ Millwright Mechanic - Night Shift
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
Electrician / Millwright Mechanic is responsible for assisting the maintenance department with all aspects of machine maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
· Operating computer controlled equipment, such as programming PLCs.
· Maintaining utility systems (Chillers, HVAC, air compressors, Nitrogen generators) and related controls.
· Maintaining documentation as required by Electrical Safety Authority.
· Preparing electrical maintenance reports and providing recommendations for improvements.
· Performing routine machine maintenance.
· Detecting and troubleshooting irregularities and malfunctions with machinery and equipment.
· Conducting analysis of repetitive equipment failures.
· Repairing and replacing defective machine parts.
· Ensuring that all prescribed work methods, standard manning and safety practices are followed.
· Perform a variety of machine operations including startup, shut down, changeover, and set up.
· Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform immediate repairs.
· Complete preventative maintenance work orders.
· Perform all other tasks as assigned.
· Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working as a mechanic in a Production, Packaging and/or Processing setting.
· Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification is required.
· Must be a Licensed Electrician (442A) and have knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code.
· Excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work overtime as required.
· Knowledge of electronics and automation.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, 5 Precidio Court,, Brampton, Ontario, Canada