Administrative Assistant - Christian Embassy
Title: Administrative Assistant
Ministry: Christian Embassy
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Reports to: Executive Director of Christian Embassy
Position type: Temporary Part-Time (10 - 15 hours a week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
The Christian Embassy of Canada (CE) is an interdenominational organization serving diplomats, senators, Members of Parliament and business executives. They serve to be a source of information and encouragement for those desiring to become even more effective in their leadership responsibilities and to learn more about the Christian faith.
About the Role:
This position provides administrative support to the Christian Embassy of Canada. As a point of contact for many political leaders and influential people, the successful candidate must project a professional image through in-person, phone and email interactions. There could be opportunities to develop longer term personal ministry among peers serving in government offices or foreign embassies.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
● Meetings and events for the Christian Embassy Director and other Christian Embassy staff are coordinated and set up through email and telephone correspondence.
● Christian Embassy staff are provided support in assigned projects and event-based work.
● The Christian Embassy database is maintained and accurately updated.
● Help is provided to write, format, and edit correspondence sent to leaders and partners.
● All receipts and invoices, from the director and other staff, are processed in a timely manner.
● All assigned administrative duties are completed with professionalism
● Statistics are recorded accurately for event materials distribution and monthly online statistics.
● Assistance is provided to set up travel arrangements for participants in international/domestic tours, including booking flights, rental cars, and hotel rooms.
● You have a deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
● You possess a genuine desire to see people’s lives changed through the Gospel message.
● You are professional in your approach and demeanor.
● You are proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Filemaker database, Trello, and Twitter.
● You have an interest in national and international issues with knowledge of international protocol.
● You are confident in telephone and email protocol.
● You have a post-secondary diploma
● You have some administrative experience
● You have written and oral fluency in English
● Preferable: You are fluent in French or other languages
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Ottawa, ON, Canada