To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers. The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.
Ottawa, ON, Canada Req #148
Monday, November 25, 2019
Title: Executive Assistant to the National Director
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Location: Remote Office in Ottawa, ON
Reports to: National Director of Connecting Streams
Role Type: Permanent Part-Time (20-25 hours a week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
Connecting Streams’ vision is to see society’s marginalized and the Church transformed together by Jesus through equipping and mobilizing the Church to help society’s marginalized know Jesus and experience his power to change the world.
About the Role:
The Executive Assistant will assist the National Director to organize, maintain, and improve communication and administrative systems within the ministry of Connecting Streams (CS). He/She will also assist members of the CS National Leadership Team, CS Executive Team, and staff as needed.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
Systems & Operations
• Operational gaps are identified and improvements are suggested and implemented with the input of the director and staff
• New systems are created as needed for efficiency, cohesion, and multiplication
• The following systems and processes are managed and improved:
○ Google Drives, donors, ministry strategy, ministry statistics, and staff onboarding & exiting
• The donor communications system (newsletter, invites, thank yous, reports, etc) is maintained
• Staff communications, promoting unity and national encouragement (i.e. newsletters, staff reviews, Annual Statements, birthday reminders, etc) are created when applicable and maintained
• Representing Connecting Streams as P2C Liaison, ministry needs are promoted and there is a strong connection with P2C headquarters staff
Finances & Statistics
• Monthly credit card reconciliations are completed within a timely manner
• Reimbursements, transfer requests, & invoices are submitted accurately and in a timely manner
• Monthly & quarterly ministry statistics reports are completed
• The Director’s inbox, calendar, travel needs, meeting agendas, and reports are managed and organized
• Vision/Organization support is provided when requested and needed
• The CS Executive Leadership Team and National Leadership Team’s communications, scheduling, agendas, and meeting plans are maintained and created when requested
• New Staff are supported through the on-boarding process
• Troubleshooting for projects is provided to staff when needed and requested.
• Research for projects as needed is extended
• There are training opportunities for the CS staff team especially in regards to Google Drive and other online needs.
- You have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- You have a strong desire to be serving in a ministry setting
- You are able to professionally maintain confidentiality
- You are familiar with general office procedures, methods, and equipment
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have proven time management and organizational skills
- You demonstrate the following: resourcefulness, skill to prioritize and multitask, ability to work well under pressure, and initiative to act with purpose to resolve issues, learn, investigate and research
- You work well with others but also are able to work independently
- You have at least 3 years experience working in an independent administrative role
- You are proficient with Google (G-Suite) and Microsoft Suite software
- You have experience working within a ministry organization (considered an asset)
- You have experience with basic graphic design software (eg. Canva) and email marketing platforms (eg. MailChimp) (considered an asset)
What We Offer Our Staff:
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (if 25+ hours a week)
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP) (if 25+ hours a week)
- Paid vacation
- Mentorship opportunities
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada