Quality Assurance Auditor
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and is the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Auditor to join our QA team. As QA Auditor, you will support the quality assurance programs for vendor qualification and ensure compliance to both regulatory and OCS requirements.
As QA Auditor, you will use your knowledge of regulatory guidelines, corporate standards and industry best practices to perform quality procedures, conduct risk assessments/inspections, review technical documentation, and analyze audit trends.
About Your Day
- Represent OCS in communicating quality standards and regulatory compliance to our vendors
- Provide quality assurance and manufacturing expertise to cross-functional departments
- Assess vendor and product metrics/KPIs for Vendor Management Initiatives.
- Report on vendor compliance status
- Support the development and execution of Vendor Compliance Program including:
- Vendor Assessment Activities:
- Verify manufacturing processes, procedures and systems to ensure adherence and recommendations in accordance to regulatory and OCS standards
- Document findings for audit reports, CAPA and vendor compliance activities
- Timely reporting of audit reports and summaries with escalation if necessary
- Vendor Improvement Initiatives
- Work with vendors to increase awareness and conformance
- Coordinate with merchandising team for supplier onboarding processes
- Review and maintain records of reported quality incidents and CAPA investigations
- Vendor Performance Analytics:
- Maintain audit program and support procedures and requirements to verify compliance
- Gather insights from data such as regulatory compliance, warehouse quality and consumer complaints to drive audits and improvement opportunities
- Analyze audit data to identify trends and generate Quality Performance reports
- Assist with additional Quality tasks such as SOP development, training and cross-functional support
- Maintain knowledge of new and upcoming regulations/guidelines from Health Canada
- Bachelors’ Degree in a Science field.
- Advanced knowledge of GMP, and other Quality Standards is required. Knowledge of of Cannabis Regulations would be a strong asset.
- 3+ years of experience performing QA work in a regulated industry (pharmaceutical, food, manufacturing, etc)
- Experience with both hosting and performing QA audits
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate MS office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
Required Travel: Yes
Application Deadline: August 19, 2019
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada