This posting is inactive.
Toronto, ON, Canada Req #62
Sunday, August 11, 2019
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our Finance department to provide procurement services for a variety of OCS divisions, including but not limited to, the development and execution of RFx packages and the periodic reporting of new and improve initiatives for the categories procuring. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your 5+ years of experience in procurement. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the procurement development of documents and negotiations related to a wide-variety of goods and services for the OCS
About Your Day
- Plan, organize, and manage procurement RFx for OCS
- Negotiate contracts and procurement agreements
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and undertaken in accordance with the procurement policy, procurement procedures and protocols, the OPS Directive, trade treaties, and all applicable legislation
- Accountable for the timely and appropriate supply and delivery of goods and services as required for OCS
- Provide input into the key performance metrics for Procurement Services
- Develop RFx packages and execute RFx under the leadership of the Manager and Director, Procurement Services
- Input accurately information into the eTendering site and all procurement documents for retention and audit purposes
- Participate in the implementation of systems to integrate and optimize business performance and practices through automated methods pertaining to the purchasing component of the ERP system
- Assist other departments in the development of business cases and submissions for procurements and approvals
- Perform other related activities as required and keeps up to date on related skill development.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field of study and/or certification from the Supply Chain Management Association of Canada (SCMA) and/or certification from NIGP (national institute of government procurement – CPPB and/or CPPO) and/or other equivalent certifications
- Minimum 5 years in a procurement and purchasing role
- Must have experience in supplier analysis, analyzing proposals including financial and non-financial criteria, ability to support teams in negotiations and award recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office [Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Dynamics, etc.]
- Government experience is an asset.
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Required Travel: Rarely, within the GTA
Application Deadline: August 19, 2019
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Toronto, ON, Canada