Settlement/Integration Counselor - Settlement
This is a temporary full-time position until March 31, 2020.
• Assess clients’ needs, develop settlement plans, as well as provide information, orientation and referral services and supportive counseling;
• Develop and facilitate workshops and information sessions on settlement/integration related topics to enhance life skills;
• Advocate for clients when required through community outreach;
• Liaise with other mainstream and community service providers and ethno-cultural organizations to promote agency services and establish collaboration;
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Proficient in Arabic and in written and spoken English
• Degree in Social Work, Social Science, Business, Communication, International Development or related discipline
• Experience in community work, program planning and delivery
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience working with immigrants
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work well in different settings and environments, e.g., individually and in a team, with different ethnic communities, and from satellite offices
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
Note: A written test will be administered, after the interview, as part of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Immigrant Services Calgary, 1200, 910 7Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada