Business Analyst (Contract or Full Time Permanent)
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
Heartland is embarking on a transformation project and is seeking an analyst with a brokerage background to join our project team. We are in the process of implementing the ‘Guidewire Insurance Suite’ to help us move from manual processes to offering an enriched seamless experience to our brokers and vendors, while accelerating our business growth. Integrations with broker systems is essential to achieving our goals.
What you will do…
• Participate in workshops providing Integration Business Solutions and Integration requirements
• Validate data mapping for the Integration stream
• Support the technical leads and developers to ensure the technical design meets the business needs
• Quality Assurance testing of user stories, including the creation of and execution of test cases
• Contribute to sprint planning, retrospectives and demos
What you will bring...
• 3-5 years experience as a Broker with knowledge of any of the following broker software applications: Applied TAM or Epic, Applied Rating, SigXP, PowerBroker, or PowerQuote
• Experience with upload to insurance carrier systems is required
• Working knowledge of Guidewire is an asset
• Experience working on projects is preferred
• Critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
What we offer…
• A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
• Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
• A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Waterloo, ON, Canada