Senior Management Information Analyst
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
Heartland Farm Mutual has recently announced that it will be moving to Guidewire technology. The guidewire DataHub/Info Center is part of that implementation along with IBM Cognos. There is an immediate need for a Senior Management Information Analyst who will be responsible for working with our implementation partner to ensure the data and reporting needs of our company are met enterprise wide. This position is ideal for an aspiring Data Engineer who can play a critical role in Heartland's journey toward utilizing Analytics as a key corporate competency.
What you will do…
- Data modeling, architecture and programming.
- Data quality control from the core operating systems (PC,CC, BC) to the Datahub.
- An understanding of the Cognos software and building/maintaining our report library.
- Building and maintaining various data marts.
- Creating various ad hoc reports using SAS.
- Provide Management information insights to senior business leaders.
What you will bring...
- University degree - Computer Science related is preferred.
- At least 3 years experience with the Guidewire DataHub and Info Center.
- Experience in a data analysis role, preferably with P&C exposure.
- High Proficiency with SAS.
- Working knowledge with SQL and data constructs.
- Working knowledge of Cognos is preferred.
- Demonstrated strength in oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What we offer...
- A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
- A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Pay Type Salary
- Waterloo, ON, Canada