People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
- Perform research and data analysis on informational needs relating to all business segments of the company.
- Creating ad hoc reports using SAS.
- Assist with rate analysis, pricing indications and assist with providing recommendations for product and pricing changes.
- Understand and effectively utilize Heartland's policy admin and claims systems and their underlying data.
- Perform price competitive analysis.
- Assist senior analysts who works with FSRA to complete the regulated Auto Filings.
- A contributor to the Product and Pricing Committee.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis.
What you will bring...
- University degree (Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics or a related discipline).
- Successful completion of 1 to 3 exams from the Casualty Actuarial Society
- A minimum of 2 years' experience (or co-op related terms) in actuarial/data analysis role, preferably P&C insurance exposure or a significant educational background in a related discipline.
- Proficiency with SAS, SQL, and Excel.
- A good working knowledge of Emblem would be an asset.
- A good understanding of P&C pricing and ratemaking concepts.
- Demonstrated strength in oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What we offer...
- A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
- A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Pay Type Salary
- Waterloo, ON, Canada