Commercial Property Team Leader
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
What you will do…
As Commercial Team Leader you will lead a team of underwriters that oversee in excess of $15m GWP in commercial property and casualty. Your business focus will provide the leadership necessary to continue to maintain the consistent profitability and ongoing growth of this essential line of business. We are looking for a dynamic Team Leader with a passion for service and results. This is an ideal role for a strong team player who enjoys working with people and is motivated to meet production targets and overall financial plans for the department and organization. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining superior advisor/broker relationships, coaching and mentoring a team of underwriters and providing ongoing guidance to reinforce underwriting appetite. In this role you will also assist in the recruitment, monitoring and management staff performance.
What you will bring…
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial P&C insurance.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- CIP and/or FCIP and/or CRM designation.
- Previous successful experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor is an asset.
- Experience in Agri-Commercial related business is an asset.
What we offer…
- A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Waterloo, ON, Canada