Copywriter, Creative Services
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $32 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Purpose of Job
Equitable Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Copywriter to join our in-house marketing team, based in Toronto. This role will report into the Senior Copywriter and requires 3+ years experience at an in-house or external ad agency with both print and digital experience. An understanding of the financial space is a plus.
- Work confidently independently as well as part of a creative team
- Be a self-motivated, highly organized creative individual with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Develop impactful marketing messages that can be conveyed across channels, including direct mail, email, online ads, video scripts, branded experiences, signage, print collateral, and more
- Maintain product and target knowledge whilst understanding the needs of assigned business units
- Craft copy to motivate conversion — making the benefits of our products simple, clear, and personally-relevant to the end user
- Successfully collaborate with colleagues to incorporate requested changes from internal business units, legal and compliance reviewers
- Be enthusiastic, personable and get stuck in. Not just see this as another job, but an opportunity to have your say and develop a career in an exciting creative environment
- Post-secondary education English, Communication or similar field is preferred
- 3+ years copywriting experience within an in-house or external ad agency
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- The ability to research, self-edit and write creatively under tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of creating concepts and generating campaign level ideas
- An understanding of best practices for email and direct mail marketing
- A portfolio that demonstrates all of the above
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada