Head, Business Development & Relationship Management, Wealth Channels
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Head, Business Development & Relationship Management, Wealth Channels
Department: Deposit Services
Reports To: Senior Director, Deposit Services
Purpose of Job
The primary purpose of the Head, Business Development & Relationship Management, Wealth Channels, is to develop and implement a contact and marketing strategy to grow EQB’s Brokered Deposit products, and provide secondary marketing support by way of referrals for the Path Life Advance – CSV product, Reverse Mortgage, and other products that may be of interest or introduced in the future. For clarity, Brokered Deposits include Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs) and High Interest Savings Accounts (HISA), that are distributed via Investment Advisors and Financial Planners.
In addition to contact and marketing strategy, responsibilities will include managing relationships with advisors as well as managing and mentoring team members. Productivity targets will be set by management at the beginning of each business year, and the Head, Business Development & Relationship Management will oversee all related activity to ensure that these goals are met.
The Head, Business Development & Relationship Management, Wealth Channels must be highly knowledgeable about both Equitable Bank’s product suite, as well as the broader advisor channel in order to generate prospective leads and/or partnerships. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described herein.
There are three areas of accountability listed below which, when performed well, will cumulatively lead to ultimate success in this position.
1. Business Development & Relationship Management Activities - 70%
- Develop and implement a business plan that optimizes the distribution of Brokered Deposits, such that there is a reliable and consistent pipeline of advisor inquiries to learn more about, or gain access to our products
- Actively generate and develop new business relationships by placing outbound proactive prospecting calls to advisors providing market updates, cross selling Equitable Bank products and services
- Identify and build relationships with the top advisors at each broker/dealer by providing key support in helping them build and manage their business
- Coordinate planning of meetings, seminars, and conference calls involving Investment Advisors, Financial Planners as well as others within the organization
- Provide referrals to other Equitable Bank product teams, including CSV and Reverse Mortgage
- Effectively promote the bank’s profile within the industry
- Plan, sponsor, and host industry events
- Achieve weekly/monthly productivity targets
- Populate CRM with all the information retrieved during phone calls and meetings
- Involvement in special projects as required, will include but not limited to evening and weekend events.
- Assist Senior Director in the segmentation of the Advisor base to define the service levels and to ensure sales from various distribution channels and firms
- Assist Senior Director in developing a strategic business plan for the year and review it quarterly with the team to increase sales from advisors in assigned territory;
- Ensure regional events and road shows are well attended by using outbound call campaigns
2. Product Development – 15%
- Understand the firm’s business model, priorities and challenges to identify opportunities for Equitable Bank
- Identify potential business opportunities and target markets for products and services
- Assist in the development and creation of new products to satisfy identified opportunities
- Monitor the brokered deposits industry to identify changes in market trends and adjust accordingly
- Apply understanding of market trends/business practices in making decisions necessary for enhancing the relationship management process
- Support the development of a new CRM system
3. Team Development – 15%
- Set and inforce company standards for operations and quality of service
- Provide mentorship and training on product and sales techniques for administrative support staff
- Provide valuable timely feedback on sales support staff team member performance
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, Economics; MBA (preferred)
- 5+ years with prior sales / relationship management experience in the financial services industry, with familiarity in advisor practice management
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- Successful completion of industry related courses such as CSC, IFIC, CFP (or working towards completion of industry related courses) is preferred
- Proven relationship management acumen and prospecting aptitude
- Existing connections with financial advisors, investment advisors, and financial planners.
- Strong written and verbal skills. Bilingual: French and English is desirable
- Proficient on Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Self-directed and highly organized individual who can multi-task
- Must possess a driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Deep understanding of wealth products
- Mature, confident, personable, professional presence
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage growing team while also meeting own responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven track record of developing relationships in the wealth industry, and maturity to interact with Senior Executives
- Ability to prioritize assignments, projects and handle multiple competing priorities (multi-tasking) within restricted time constraints
- Independent, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- High level analytical skills to assess the value and potential relationship growth of an Advisor against meeting target goals
- The ability to work well with ambiguity, and be able to provide structure to the team
- Experience storyboarding and working with PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to recognize opportunities and understand the business drivers that are important to growth
- Ability to balance immediate opportunities with long-term growth objectives
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada