Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: Technical Writer/Analyst
Department: Mortgage Services
Reports To: Senior Manager, Mortgage Services
Duration: 6 month contract
Purpose of the Job
Equitable Bank is on the path to adopt the Advanced Internal Ratings Based (AIRB) approach to determine the Bank’s Credit Risk regulatory capital requirements. The Bank’s regulator, OSFI, has to approve the adoption of AIRB, where the associated minimum requirements are detailed in the Capital Adequacy Requirements (CAR) Guideline as well as related Implementation Notes.
To facilitate the application for adoption of AIRB approaches for Credit Risk, the Bank is searching for an experienced Technical Writer/Analyst to help the Mortgage Services business stream meet the minimum regulatory requirements.
The primary responsibility for the Technical Writer/Analyst will be to support the self-assessment process for the Mortgage Services business stream, identifying and addressing documentation gaps, designing/revising business processes as well as management reporting to ensure they fit minimum regulatory requirements and end user educational and awareness materials.
- Drive gap closure activities based on the results of the OSFI CAR self-assessment process
- Document new and revise existing policies in collaboration with key stakeholders across business streams, while maintaining alignment with enterprise policies and regulatory requirements to ensure AIRB compliance
- Document new and revise existing business stream process flows in line with the business stream polices to support AIRB compliance
- Deliver high-quality artifacts that are accurate, comprehensive, clear, concise, and easy-to-understand
- Facilitate requirement gathering sessions with various levels of stakeholders to elicit, analyze and document senior management and departmental level reporting requirements
- Support User Acceptance Testing by providing clarifications on requirements and functionality, document and review test scenarios to ensure comprehensive coverage of the requirements and participate in defect triage
- Prepare training materials (user guides, quick reference, self-help/online documentation and training guides)
- Support the Mortgage Services business stream AIRB program as required in resolving compliance, audit and regulatory issues
- Work closely with the business stream project manager and provide work effort estimates for each of the deliverables, provide timely updates and promptly report any issues and risks impacting deliverables
- Use JIRA and confluence to create and validate user stories, execute test scenarios and perform defect management
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ experience with writing policies and procedures and other technical documents
- 5+ years’ Regulatory Compliance experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- 2-4 years’ experience in Mortgages industry, specifically involving collections, recoveries and defaults
- Good understanding of the OSFI CAR Guidelines, specifically Chapter 6 – Credit Risk – Internal Ratings Based Approach and related Implementation Notes
- Proven experience with various project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Hybrid Agile
- Strong verbal and written communication, and ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management and business stakeholders
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously, with effective prioritization skills
- Experience with collaboration tools including JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Experience with Microsoft Visio for process documentation
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada