Software Development Manager, Retail and Commercial Lending
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
About the role
The Software Development Manager will lead integration and development for a number of systems and projects key to the company’s strategy. You’d also ensure currency and availability by owning application maintenance and support. You’re a self-starter who can take a concept and drive it through to design & implementation. You’re also a good communicator and people manager.
- Build, support, maintain, and evolve key systems and platforms
- Lead and grow a team of developers
- Manage collaboration with external vendors and partners as needed
- Think strategically, but get hands-on pretty often (maybe 20%-40% of the time)
- Understand the business, and design solutions that meet the bank’s needs
- Provide technical expertise, code review oversight, and best-practice guidance
- Manage estimation, planning, and releases
- Provide L2/L3 application support for production incidents
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in leading multiple developers and technologists to deliver and support application systems
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building RESTful API solutions and/or MicroServices in the Financial Services
- Technical domain knowledge of software development languages, tools, and patterns, specifically a mixture of Java Spring/Springboot, Hibernate, SAML, OAuth, OIC, iOS, Android, and native cloud development approaches
- Proven experience in managing API lifecycle, preferably with tools such as MuleSoft API Manager or equivalent
- Experience with configuration, deployment and testing of enterprise software applications
- Experience with bug tracking and collaboration software: Jira, Confluence or similar
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a highly-regulated industry like banking, insurance, health care, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server database, SQL, T-SQL; Experience with NoSQL and cloud databases are beneficial
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and tools (Junit, MUnit or TestNG) and source control software (CVS, SVN, Git or similar)
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
- A modern work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, diverse work environment
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada