Specialist, Customer Service (Bilingual)
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Customer Service Specialist, Bilingual
Department: Mortgage Services
Reports To: Manager, Customer Service
Purpose of Job
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to Equitable Bank’s existing borrowers via telephone and email in both English and French. They must possess a broad range of knowledge, including the mortgage life cycle and Equitable Bank’s mortgage products and features.
- Provide excellent customer service in an inbound customer service environment and through electronic correspondence with borrowers, solicitors, brokers and other stakeholders.
- Support the borrower through their mortgage inquiries by identifying customer needs and providing appropriate options and solutions.
- Provide accurate information regarding our products and services.
- Fulfill customer expectations in a way that also complies with policies and procedures, for various functional areas of the mortgage life cycle.
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Process various updates to the mortgage account such as borrower contact information and requested account changes.
- Meet expectations in regard to outlined call quality, compliance, and customer service standards while interacting with customers.
- Recognize appropriate retention triggers for renewal and refinance opportunities.
- Maintain accurate system records of inquiries and transactions processed.
- Translate a variety of documents.
- Must be fluent in French and English in all verbal and written communication
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated front line customer service experience (for a minimum of 12 months) in finance or mortgage industry
- Post-secondary education (diploma)
- Knowledge of commercial and residential lending products, related legal terminology and provincial and federal legislations
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to multi-task by navigating various systems while communicating with customers
- Ability to easily build rapport and foster positive relationships with both customers and team members
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to engage with the customer
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Previous experience with Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) product
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Computer literate (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ability to ensure customer issues are handled appropriately, and escalating issues when necessary
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 1411 Peel Street, Suite 501, Montreal, Quebec, Canada