Bilingual Residential Operations, Business Support Analyst
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Bilingual Residential Operations, Business Support Analyst
Department: Residential Credit
Reports To: Director, Residential Operations
Purpose of Job
The Bilingual Residential Operations, Business Support Analyst is a key member of the team responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of all software testing activities related to SFR related initiatives. The Bilingual Residential Operations, Business Support Analyst will work collaboratively with the IT department and other business units to ensure that SFR’s QA needs and tasks are identified and executed with agreed upon quality metrics. The incumbent will analyze project artifacts to identify test requirements, design and execute test scripts and participate in the defect process from reporting to monitoring to resolution.
- Create and manage testing strategy, estimates and test plans for SFR Related initiatives
- Review business requirements with the senior Residential Operations team member assigned to the initiative and end users and clarify any ambiguity ensuring testing conditions are understood
- Develop and execute both new functionality and regression test cases within the agreed upon timelines ensuring the application is performing as expected
- Assess and escalate critical & high impact quality issues to the senior Residential Operations team member assigned to the initiative
- Review test deliverables, manage defects and document test results
- Participate in defect review meetings and provide analysis as required
- Troubleshoot and review logs/queues as required to analyze potential defects
- Assist the senior Residential Operations team member assigned to the initiative in creating status and progress reports and testing metrics as required
- Follow prescribed change control procedures, making sure all changes are properly documented, approved and communicated.
- Bilingualism in French and English
- 4+ years of experience with creating Test Strategies, Test Plans and Project QA artifacts
- 3+ years of Financial Institution Experience, preferably residential lending related experience
- Post-secondary education (diploma/degree), preferable, in Computer Science
- Good understanding of SDLC and of Agile/Scrum software development process
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to interact effectively within a cross functional team
Additional Nice to Have Skills:
- Deep knowledge of the residential lending lifecycle specific Underwriting, Condition Fulfillment, Funding and Renewals
- Strong skills in using JIRA + Confluence + Zephyr
- Previous experience working with Lending Origination and Core Banking Systems such as PortfolioPlus, Cyberquery, FileNexus, and Filogix Expert
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada