Analyst, Quality Assurance
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Toronto | Full time
QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (posted 2019)
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's challenger bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. We don’t have branches or cheques or paper statements – we put our money into simple, well-valued products instead. Equitable has >900 employees and >$29 billion in assets under management. In 2016 we launched a digital arm called EQ Bank, which now has >85,000 customers. We have all the trust, stability, and respect of a Schedule I bank, the desire to make a difference, and the agility to make it happen.
About the role
We are looking for detail oriented & analytically minded analysts who can ensure that our technology solutions exceed quality expectations and delight our customers. The QA Analyst is part of a core, pod-based team from start to finish. You will strategize on how to test, plan, and execute software testing. We are looking for people who have a passion to drill down and figure out how things work and thrive in finding creative ways to break things during testing. You will triage defects, investigate root cause by reading logs, and find ways to improve efficiency through automation.
- Review business requirements with the product owner; clarify ambiguity and collaborate on acceptance criteria
- Strategize on approach to ensure quality thorough testing; build a test plan and cases
- Ensure the overall solution is high quality and meet intended outcomes by executing test cases
- Triage, investigate, and escalate critical & high impact quality issues
- Produce and review metrics; overlay progress, cumulative flow, and quality to overall delivery
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or equivalent degree or business related experience
- Solid understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- 2+ years’ experience with test plan preparation and test case execution
- Good understanding of SDLC and of Agile/Scrum
- Ability to analyze and understand technical issues, and communicate these clearly and simply
- Willingness to interact effectively within a cross functional team
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and Zephyr in sprint based delivery
- Experience writing SQL statements and database testing skills
- Building automated tests using Selenium, Appium, Postman, or other tools
What We Offer
- A modern tech stack, DevOps pipeline, and PaaS to build awesome solutions
- Fast paced environment that encourages small & frequent changes via automated deployments
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
- An open work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, and diverse company culture
We’re an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request. We work with sensitive customer data, so a criminal/background would be the final stage of the hiring process.
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada