Senior Analyst, IT Strategy
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Toronto | Full time
SENIOR ANALYST, IT STRATEGY (posted 2019-11)
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's challenger bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. We don’t have branches or cheques or paper statements – we put our money into simple, well-valued products instead. Equitable has >900 employees and >$31 billion in assets under management. In 2016 we launched a digital arm called EQ Bank, which now has >88,000 customers. We have all the trust, stability, and respect of a Schedule I bank, the desire to make a difference, and the agility to make it happen.
About the role
You will assist in building and maintaining a technology strategy and roadmap that aligns with both business strategies and the IT vision. A key component of the role is to assist in conceptualizing early-stage technology-related initiatives, with the goal of identifying common capabilities, scope definition via story mapping, RFIs, technology estimates, and business casing.
You are a strong collaborative facilitator, excellent data-driven researcher and technologist.
- Tech Strategy and roadmap of projects, services and core banking initiatives
- Drive conceptual strategy phase for new initiativesConduct research, RFIs, and FinTech/vendor assessments to identify opportunities and recommend strategic options.
- Stay current with new market trends and innovations Primary manager and consumer for Technology Research Partners (eg Gartner)
- Contribute to the annual planning process Work with other Technology colleagues to document Target State Conceptual Architecture
- 3-5+ years of experience in Financial Services (retail or digital banking), or in Technology/Management Consulting roles
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills to lead and/or facilitate the assessment of innovative/creative solutions Experience working in a highly collaborative and customer-centric environment
- Experience or familiarity with Open APIs, Technical Product Management, MicroService / Enterprise Service Bus architecture, cloud IaaS / PaaS, mobile platforms, trends in digital/retail banking
- Experience working in a highly-regulated industry like banking, insurance, health care, etc.
What We Offer
- A modern tech stack, DevOps pipeline, and PaaS to build awesome solutions
- Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
- Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
- A modern work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
- A fun, relaxed, diverse work environment
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada