Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
About the role
Equitable’s digital platform is our strategic enabler to offer innovative solutions that challenge the status quo in banking. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will continuously identify and enhance our Cloud Ecosystem to create an easy to use and operate highly available environment. You will generate well thought out ideas and proposals, create Proof of Concepts and help operationalize successful ones. We are looking for a technology innovator who will be able to propose new ideas, create P.O.C’s and operationalize them once successful. You will be a trusted partner to the software engineering team.
• Maintain high availability infrastructure
• Define, develop & implement solutions for a cutting-edge cloud-native deployment ecosystem
• Automate everything
• Evangelize on behalf of your team; create and socialize content (eg cloud native apps, starter code)
• Implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform deployments.
• Manage the cloud ecosystem (DR, security, networking, storage).
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Systems or Engineering or a related technical field
• Linux systems, networking, monitoring and automation experience
• Knowledge of security best practices for cloud architecture, applications, and procedures
• Proficiency with Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
• Understanding of containerization with some Docker
• Passion for innovation
• Proven experience with IaC (infrastructure as code); scripting abilities (eg PowerShell); automation tooling (Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc.); version control systems (Git)
• Strong understanding of CI/CD principles, including deployment pipelines and 0-downtime deployment techniques
• Expertise in cloud architecture and design patterns
• Working experience in a major programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, or Go); Spring Framework or comparable; PaaS; logging/tracing products (eg Elasticsearch, Grafana, Prometheus, Zipkin)
What We Offer
• A modern tech stack, DevOps pipeline, and PaaS to build awesome solutions
• Fast paced environment that encourages small & frequent changes via automated deployments
• Competitive salary, incentives, and employee share purchase plan
• Comprehensive benefits package including discounted gym memberships and unlimited yoga
• A modern work environment in midtown Toronto, easily accessible by TTC (St. Clair Station)
• A fun, relaxed, diverse work environment
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada