Partnerships and Referrals Specialist
In 2016, EQ Bank’s personal banking services were born out of Equitable Bank, which has been helping Canadians realize their financial goals for over 45 years. With no branches or costly overhead, we are focused on offering a better banking experience. We’ve grown into a company of over 800 employees with a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion, and we focus on talented individuals that are as passionate as we are when it comes to outstanding service.
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Acquisitions, the Partnerships and Referrals Specialist is responsible for driving consumer acquisition through building and maintaining strategic partnerships and alliances in the form of product and/or marketing integrations. As a Partnerships and Referrals Specialist, you’ll play a vital role in building alliances with existing and prospective partners by defining joint roadmaps, managing touch points, and maintaining partner health. This net new role will grant you the ability to collaborate with partners to ensure the partnership is one that is beneficial for the end consumer, supports our business growth, and supports our partner’s goals. Furthermore, you will collaborate with other senior team members to ensure every step of the customer journey is seamless and built on data and creative thinking.
- Develop an understanding of value creation from partnerships to creating a playbook for implementation and establishing partnerships as a key channel for customer acquisition.
- Operate all aspects of partnerships including, but not limited to, negotiations, product integrations, marketing execution and messaging, and value proposition decks for potential partner pitches.
- Oversee digital components of partnerships, ensuring all placements are tagged for ongoing reporting, optimization, and forecasting upon mutually agreed upon KPIs and targets.
- Collaborate effectively with other team leads across Creative, Legal, Customer Engagement, Analytics, and Strategic Initiatives to build and execute the partnerships roadmap.
- Identify industries, brands, products, and associations that are relevant to EQ Bank’s brand and prospective consumers that deliver efficient ROI.
- Own relationships with partners, including day-to-day communication and deep relationship building.
- Provide weekly and ad hoc reporting on partner performance.
- Attend key industry events and networking conferences to acquire new prospective partnerships.
- University or college education in Marketing, Commerce, Business or related experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience working in strategic partnerships, business development or affiliate partnerships
- Experience in a related industry that emphasizes affinity partnerships such as financial services, retail, hospitality, gaming, package goods
- Financial industry experience is an asset
- Client side experience is an asset
- Proven track record managing multiple affiliate partnerships
- Experience developing, negotiating, and completing deals with market share leaders to deliver value to the business
- Extensive experience working with multiple team leads in ensuring all partnerships are being tagged and measured for ROI
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical mindset to provide actionable insights for application across partner channels
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proactive mindset to continuously improve business ROI by having a passion for partnerships, innovation, and technology
- Willingness to continuously test new ideas
- Ability to steer course dependent on ad hoc market conditions
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Exceptional knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Analytics
- Understands the difference between brand marketing and acquisition strategies and channels, and the relationship between them
- Has a sound understanding of other digital marketing channels (e.g., Paid Search, Social, Display, etc.) and how it plays a role throughout the customer journey
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada