Residential Mortgage Funder (Bilingual)
Purpose of Job
The Residential Mortgage Funder is responsible for reviewing legal documents and taking loans through to funding. This includes following up for outstanding documents, advising the Closing Service Provider of any amendments or changes required to complete the file and advancing mortgage Funds.
• On a daily basis, the incumbent will review legal documents in a timely and accurate manner. The incumbent must ensure that documents align with the underwriting documentation and the deals fund as per approval. In addition, the incumbent will conduct a light audit of each deal to ensure policy and guidelines are met. If a gap or inaccuracy (i.e. ratios out of line) is identified, the incumbent will be required to work with the Single Family Residential – Credit department to seek clarification and request additional information/documentation as required.
• On a daily basis, the incumbent will complete all Funding activates and all supporting steps (i.e. set up property tax accounts), including tasks unique to different deal types (i.e. Conventional and Collateral mortgages) in a timely manner (35%).
• On a daily basis the incumbent will work directly with EQB’s Closing Servicer Provider. Through efficiency, the incumbent will be responsible for time management of their individual as well as overall team deal flow in order to meet prescribed deadlines while maintaining positive attitude and strong working relationships. As part of the funding lifecycle, the incumbent will communicate changes, status updates and other details to the Closing Servicer provider using their portal (35%).
• AML, Compliance and KYC are important in every financial organization. Therefore, the incumbent, on a daily basis, will ensure every deal, as well as their actions adhere to all applicable guidelines. In addition, the incumbent is required to meet a 100% Quality Assurance and Compliance metrics each month (20%).
• On a daily basis, the incumbent will liaise with a various of internal departments (i.e. Compliance, Accounting, Mortgage Servicing) to address any ad-hoc issues that may arise. In addition, frequent communication with the Single Family Residential - Credit department will be required in order to address credit related issues in a timely manner. Providing status updates (i.e. closing date changes) are also a key communication item in which the incumbent will be responsible for to ensure all parties with a vested interest in the deal are aware of where deals stands (10%).
• Minimum of 1- 2 years’ mortgage experience, exposure to Prime and Alternative a benefit
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to thrive under pressure
• Excellent time management skills
• Familiarity with AML and Compliance practice
• Strong written and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Word)
• Logical thinker with ability to multi-task
• Post-secondary education (diploma)
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer
and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations
are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the
selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a
criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we
appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact
leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the
requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada