Senior Manager, Communication
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: Senior Manager, Communication
Reports To: VP, Marketing
Purpose of the Job
As the Sr. Manager, Communication, you’re an expert at PR, social media management and internal communications. You get how to amplify marketing and communications through earned and social media. Reporting into the VP Marketing, you have a passion for the customer and building great brands through effective communications strategies.
- Build and Lead a team of communications professionals
- Manage external PR and Social agencies
- Build relationships with key influencers and partners to increase our reach and the mileage of our content
- Create fully integrated PR campaigns that support our brand initiatives and leverage relationships with key media outlets to further promote our story
- Draft key communication materials including press releases, media pitches, executive speaking notes etc.
- Aid in investor communications collateral including quarterly call scripts and presentations
- Aid in internal employee communications and events ensuring brand consistency
- Act as the key media contact for customer, brand, product, issues management and community initiatives
- Develop KPI’s and dashboards to monitor, measure and assess the effectiveness of communications program. Oversee. regular media monitoring and develop weekly monitoring reports, key insights and competitive analysis
- Develop, support and advance social media strategies, including editorial calendars content creation, as well as message and community engagement
- Research, write and provide creative direction to produce content including whitepapers, press releases, byline articles, presentations, social posts, emails, and website copy
- Stay on top of industry trends, company or customer stories, and breaking news to seize opportunities to strategically inject EQ Bank and Equitable into timely news articles and social discussions
- Manage speaking engagements for senior leaders
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, English or a related field. Attainment of a MBA is preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in public relations and communications
- 5 years’ experience in social media marketing for lead generation and branding
- Experience developing communications strategies and initiatives to create innovative programs for a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing for a range of audiences as well as strong editing and proofreading abilities
- Experience with media relations, managing external facing stakeholders and reputation management
- Entrepreneurial and disruptive in your ability to think about problems, challenge the status quo and a willingness to take calculated risks in order to support the brand and customer voice
- The ability to shift priorities quickly, manage tight timelines and be relentless in your desire to get the job done
- An outstanding writer and speaker with a passion for storytelling and finding compelling story ideas from virtually anywhere
- Proven ability to thrive in a self-driven, fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders, changing priorities and minimal direction
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada