Customer Account Management Specialist (Call Centre)
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Customer Account Management Specialist (Call Centre Specialist)
Department: Digital Banking
Reports To: Manager, Contact Centre
Purpose of Job:
The Customer Account Management Specialist will interact directly with customers to answer questions, resolve issues and perform proactive account maintenance all while delivering a seamless customer experience across all channels of communication. An integral member of the Digital Banking team, this individual will collaborate daily with the Social Media, Digital Operations, IT Operations and Sales & Marketing teams.
- Perform a high level of autonomous customer service by applying expert knowledge of core banking platform, communication tools and related processes to resolve client questions, concerns and service requirements
- Execute established controls to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, Equitable and EQ Bank policies
- Perform and authorize financial transactions on behalf of customers
- Participate in calibration sessions to ensure delivery of superb customer service
- Provide proactive account management services
- Identify, recommend and participate in implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement relative to customer experience and product delivery
- Change management to ensure that all changes to policies and procedures are effectively communicated and implemented across the customer care team
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of best in class processes
- Participate in new development User Acceptance Testing (UAT), identify potential gaps/impacts and escalate to management
- Handle first level escalations/complaints
- Contribute to personalized customer appreciation outreach
This individual will be expected to work the 3:30pm to midnight shift.
- Flexibility to work weekends is required depending on business needs.
- This is a full time permanent opportunity.
- A minimum 3+ years of experience in financial services industry with preference for experience with everyday banking and payment products; ideally 3+ years in a call centre, front line or back office customer service role (e.g., branch, account management, fraud, product operations)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency dealing with customers through multiple channels – call, chat, email, social media
- Experience as a top performer in a call centre or front line team
- Demonstrated ability to own an issue and drive to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to have difficult conversations with customers while maintaining a professional and proactive manner – both written and oral
- Experience working with external vendors
- Understanding of customer service metrics and drivers
- Knowledge and experience with Voice of the Customer programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with a high degree of autonomy and self-direction
- Experience with producing reports for senior leadership is an asset
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with professionals at all levels
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to speak French or other second language an asset
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada