Manager, Infrastructure Architecture - News Architecture
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Director, News Architecture you will work with the architecture and local technology teams across Canada designing, building and implementing Technology for the gathering, processing and presentation of News on Television, Online and Radio. Your focus will be on the design and implementation management of new and replacement News Production systems.
• Manage a team that designs, implements and supports, News Production systems
• In collaboration with the local Technical Services groups, evaluate and implement new technologies, tools and solutions for production, media processing and storage in the News Production environment
• Work with vendors to improve and advance existing systems to meet constantly evolving challenges
• Project management for medium and larger tiered projects ($1M - $2M).
• Actively balance requirements of business and user needs
• Maintain and document systems and workflows
• Assist in the roll-out of technical training and standards
• Promote and represent Corus in a positive and professional manner.
• Various other duties as required.
• Minimum of 10 years’ broadcast engineering experience at network service level
• Degree/diploma in Broadcast Engineering program or equivalent experience
• Experience designing television (HD/SDI and IP) and radio (AES and IP environment) systems
• Experience with shared storage media editing systems and file based transcoding
• Experience leading and developing a high performance team
• Previous experience in an enterprise architecture group would be an asset
• Ability to travel within Canada on occasion
• Experience designing and implementing automated broadcast workflows
• Team player with great people and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast pace rapidly changing environment.
• Project and Change management experience
• Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal oriented
• A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
• Dedicated to exceptional customer service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family TO-Technical Operations
- Job Function 04-Engineering Technologists/Technical Professionals
- Pay Type Salary
- Burnaby, BC, Canada