Online Vid Journalist-Original Cont (ON) - News Digital
About the Role:
Reporting to the National Managing Editor of Original
Content, Online Video; the successful candidate will be joining a dynamic team
of journalists who are constantly pursuing new and compelling ways to tell the biggest
stories in the world to a growing audience.
The role demands the individual bring not only a well-informed
understanding of national and international news, but someone who is passionate
about delivering it in a way which keeps the viewer engaged.
Strong storytelling is the key to success in this position. The Original Content team at Global News uses its storytelling ability to ensure a multi-platform approach so all stories can be available to our audience online, on television and on radio.
- Create compelling, original video features for Global News O&O platforms and social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Write online stories to accompany original video content for Global News website.
- Create video content to accompany stories and projects produced by Global News national online team
- Use online analytics/discovery tools to identify video/online trends to use in daily production
- Assist national online team and local stations in breaking news situations with video content.
- Assist Global News online team with the management of all video content including sourcing, screening, QA, adding metadata and uploading.
- Organize and assist with gathering of video content from across the Global News Network to share both internally and facilitating syndication requests.
- Back up existing video producers when necessary, in the event of illness, vacation or significant breaking news.
- Work with Corus Digital Video team to troubleshoot bugs.
- Train and evangelize online video content to internal stakeholders.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 20
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Toronto, ON, Canada