Scrum Master, Technical Operations
Work Status:Full-time, 1-year contract
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master to join the Corus Project Management Office (Corus PMO). Reporting to the Manager, Digital Projects, the successful candidate will be accountable for supporting our Agile teams in collaboration with product owners, business and sales groups to deliver best-in-class products.
● Coaches and supports teams in becoming high-performing and self-organizing, delivering high-value business features to our customers
● Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives)
● Removing impediments to the team's progress to its sprint commitments
● Manage an assigned portfolio of digital projects on a day-to-day basis
● Prepare and lead project communication including sprint reporting and product updates
● Work closely with the product owner, internal and external stakeholders to ensure all dependencies are understood and obstacles are removed so teams are high performing and working without limitation
● Keep track of delivery pacing through on-going product release planning, ensuring the team is delivering on committed sprint work at a consistent and sustainable pace
● Create an open environment for communicating and collaborating on business vision, goals, project backlog features for the team and stakeholders
● Encourage team autonomy, aware when you’ll need to step in and when you’ll need to step back
● Champion of sustainable, scalable technology solutions delivered with quality -- balancing the technical needs with the business needs
● Cultivate a learning mindset so that processes are continuously examined, refined and changed when necessary
● Continue professional learning and improvement of agile skills while working closely with your manager and scrum master colleagues to improve overall Project Management Office performance and delivery
What we need from you:
You are a champion of the Agile methodologies with a track record of building and mentoring high-performing teams to deliver best-in-class products.
● 1-3 years’ experience as a scrum master or related experience
● Master of people dynamics and will empower teams to do their best work in a culture of trust, openness, respect and commitment
● First-rate communication skills: You are an active listener, speak with clarity and can facilitate with ease
● You understand that the most successful products are built by teams not just one person
● Familiar with Agile delivery methodologies and practices (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
● Well versed in working with the following tools: JIRA, general Project Management and Collaboration tools
● Demonstrated experience in stakeholder relationship management
● A post-secondary degree or certificate
● Excited about collaborating in creative environments and working towards achieving shared business goals
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family TO-Technical Operations
- Job Function 02-Technical Project/Program Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada