Social Strategist, Radio - New Media Radio
Corus has an exciting opportunity for a Social Strategist to join the radio team in Toronto.
Reporting to the Toronto Program Director, the successful candidate will oversee social strategies and execution for the Toronto, Hamilton and Ottawa FM radio stations.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Program Director, Toronto, you will develop best-in-class, data-driven social media strategies and campaigns (across paid, owned and earned) for our FM radio stations in Toronto, Hamilton and Ottawa. Immersed in all things pop culture, you’re on the pulse of what’s trending locally and abroad. You know what meme and social formats are on the rise and can quickly adapt them to our brands. You have a passion for media, radio, content and social, and enjoy creating, building and being part of a dynamic team and industry.
You will work closely with programming on creating evergreen and branded content, and with our promotions and marketing teams on developing stand-out social content and strategies to build the brands of our stations through paid and organic campaigns.
You will also collaborate with our sales and So.da teams on monetization opportunities.
The right candidate excels in strategic planning, has excellent verbal and written skills, enjoys working with cross-functional teams, has a knack for research, and a strong creative ability.
- Develop best-in-class social media strategies and marketing, content pillars and executions (across paid, owned and earned) for our Toronto, Hamilton and Ottawa FM radio stations, brands and personalities and with various stakeholders across programming, promotions/marketing, and digital departments.
- Create, schedule, publish cutting-edge content (photo, video and copy), and paid social plans to support and elevate our priority brands and personalities.
- Facilitate the planning of special events and days for our priority programs, brands and personalities.
- Collaborate with the Senior National Manager, FM Digital, on national content opportunities for various brands.
- Oversee local digital content coordinators, providing ongoing coaching and training and feedback on all content they create and share.
- Manage campaign budgets to support the promotion of the Toronto/Hamilton and Ottawa FM radio stations.
- Collaborate with Sales on social sponsorships to drive revenue. Attend briefings/brainstorms and client pitches. Develop strategies for clients as part of 360 campaigns (includes content, deployment, and optimization), ensuring client’s KPIs are met
- Conduct social research and competitive analysis to identify and track fluctuating social trends. Leverage data to inform and optimize content creation, marketing strategies, and sales opportunities.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly performance goals and provide trend analysis to various stakeholders. Keep abreast of evolving industry trends and developments.
- Assist in the development of strategic influencer campaigns to promote priority programs, brands and personalities.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing large social audiences and driving social performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven social media strategy and execution.
- Deep understanding of various platform algorithms, social analytics.
- Exceptional thought leadership – can rally several stakeholders and staff around an idea and see it through from inception to execution.
- In-depth knowledge of established and emerging social platforms (and how they can be utilized to the benefit of brand and business).
- Strong creative ability with endless ideas, coupled with a passion for strategy
- Experience in content creation, optimization and adaptation in nimble industry or space.
- People leadership experience with a passion for growing and developing staff.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family MK-Marketing/Promotions
- Job Function 03-Marketing Generalists
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, January 6, 2020
- Toronto, ON, Canada