Anchor - News Part-Time
Reporting to the News Manager, Bob Layton, you will work as needed on Global News Radio 880 or 630 CHED.
- Assembling and reading newscasts.
- Conducting telephone interviews.
- Editing and production.
- Social media.
- Reporting from the scene of breaking stories.
What We Need From You:
- A strong news delivery.
- Proven ability to gather and disseminate news in a timely and accurate manner.
- Above average computer skills – knowledge of Burli an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a team situation.
- A willingness to work any format on a 24/7 basis.
- A clean driving record and reliable transportation.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now.'
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before we can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. Please ensure you notify your manager before applying to this role.
- Job Family PG-Programming
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Hourly
- Edmonton, AB, Canada