About the Role:
Reporting to the Licensing Manager, you will be responsible for administrative support of the Licensing and Retail Marketing teams at Nelvana Enterprises.
Founded in 1971, Nelvana is one of the world's leading international producers and distributors of children's animated content. Nelvana develops, produces and distributes animated content, and is part of the Corus Kids Television entertainment portfolio.
The sales, brand-management and consumer products division of Nelvana, distributes quality entertainment from the award-winning Nelvana Studio and key content partners to broadcasters and home entertainment companies around the world. Nelvana Enterprises' merchandising team, based in Toronto, Canada and Paris, France, manages the consumer products program for our series globally, in addition to managing the agency business of some of the leading kid’s properties in the market today.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Account & Category Management
- Day-to-day contact for licensees of a select group of categories to provide licensing, marketing and retail updates on a regular basis, both on agency and Nelvana brands.
- Developing relationships with key licensing partners and seek and initiate category opportunities across agency and Nelvana owned brands
- Develop relationships with buyers at major retailers across assigned categories.
- New business development and prospecting opportunities across assigned categories.
- Management of maintenance of database of all active licensing deals (all categories) including real time updates for team record keeping and liaising with internal stakeholders, cross departmentally.
Data Management & Forecasting
- Responsible for maintaining and updating centralized files for all licensee category documents and materials (i.e. spreadsheets, royalty reports, databases, contact lists, retail listings etc.)
- Management and maintenance of distribution lists, licensee lists, contract summaries, etc. for both internal and external stakeholders
- Collection and coordination of quarterly forecasts from licensees for all Nelvana and agency brands
- Assist in the development of key sales materials including presentations, newsletters, e-blasts and sales sheets
- ASIN and UPC management and coordination of online product listings (all categories) seasonally, ensuring all active products are listed on official online storefronts.
- Administrative support to the Licensing and Retail teams, (i.e. scheduling meetings, monthly expenses, invoicing, etc.)
- Coordination and execution of key licensing and retail events, including client summits, retail meetings, tradeshows and in-store events as necessary
- Industry research as required by assigned project (i.e. flyer promo analysis, social media reviews, in-store retail visits etc.)
- Assist in the maintenance of sample stockroom and inventory for all licensees, including archiving of samples. This also includes interfacing with licensee on current sample requirements.
- Assist on multiple projects, as they become available and prioritizing projects with Licensing Manager across multiple categories.
- Perform seasonal retail and market analysis of competitive set and identify opportunities across all categories.
What We Need From You:
- 2-3 years of experience as an Account Executive, Assistant Brand Manager or Sales Coordinator role
- CPG experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business and/or equivalent experience in a related field
- An enthusiasm for kid’s entertainment, consumer products and desire to work in this industry
- Role may require occasional travel – valid passport for international travel will be required.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and a few hours on weekends for specific trade shows and/or events
- High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to build relationships.
- Ability to make presentations in front of groups of key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative with strong project management, prioritization and planning skills with proven ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
- Ability to work independently, prioritize a high volume of licensing projects, and ensure all license agreements are up to date and communication is conducted in a timely manner.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of matters and high level of professionalism.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family SL-Sales
- Job Function 02-Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada