The News Department has a full-time opening for an Associate Producer with the Global Montreal Office.
Reporting to the Senior Producer, Morning News, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
• Write news copy for broadcast and web
• Screen video, select sound bites for broadcast and web, edit video for broadcast and web • Research and gather elements for daily news and investigative stories
• Assist reporters and other producers in the gathering of news elements
• Co-ordinate news reporting in the bureau with the website
• Participate in editorial discussions about news coverage
• Identify and co-ordinate the booking of guests for all Global News programs
• Provide direction for archiving of news footage and ability to access archival footage
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Degree or Diploma in Broadcast Journalism program.
• One year editorial experience in a newsroom environment.
• Previous experience writing or associate producing for television news.
• Must have a good news sense with solid writing and research skills.
• Strong news writing skills and an ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Must have excellent people skills and be able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Must have first-hand experience using a BlackBerry, iPhone or Android device on a daily basis.
• Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc), and related applications
• Bilingual: French and English
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Montreal, QC, Canada