Accounts Payable Associate - Winnipeg, MB
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Accounts Payable Associate:
Reporting to the Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator, the AP Associate is responsible for the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities, in a timely and efficient manner. The AP Associate’s role is to complete payment of expenses by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices and issuing check payments.
· · Enter, upload and post invoices; reconcile processed work by verifying and comparing systems report to actual invoices.
· · Set up invoices for payment
· · Match invoice with appropriate paperwork (packing slip, customs papers, capital expenditure authorization forms, etc.)
· · Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
· · Prepare and perform check runs. Ensure all invoices listed in the check remittance advice, is attached.
· · New vendor set-ups and maintenance in Great Plains software
· · Maintain accurate vendor files.
· · Assist with month-end closing and audits
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
· Minimum six months to two (2) years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and Accounts Receivable/Payables experience is required.
Skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Great Plains and Excel is preferred
· Strong organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines
· Ability to work independently, learn quickly, strong attention to detail and work as part of a Team
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada