Assistant Distribution Manager - Grayling, Michigan
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Assistant Distribution Manager:
Reporting to the Senior Distribution Manager, this position is responsible for assisting the Senior Distribution Manager in the daily management of the Distribution Facility.
- Coordinates delivery routes and ensures delivery personnel maintain a premium level of customer service through an organized routing system.
- Oversees Inventory Control Program: daily reconciliation of packaged ice through Arctic’s daily inventory program.
- Manages the handheld payment system and audits system daily to ensure health.
- Coordinates any aspects of the delivery process ensuring orders are filled in a timely manner; schedules dock delivery times, organizing/dispatching customer calls.
- Facilitates driver recruitment with the guidance of the Distribution Manager.
- Coordinates vehicle maintenance scheduling in conjunction with business needs.
- Assist with the distribution budgeting process.
- Ensures that all employees are following company policies.
- Actively scouts new business in the area.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a distribution environment.
- Knowledge around DOT Regulations.
- Ability to have and maintain CDL-A Driver’s License.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work within a team environment dealing with high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of hand-held units and phone systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Grayling, MI 49738, USA