Lead Man - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Lead Man (Production Facility):
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Lead Man is responsible for providing guidance to Production Associates. In addition, the Lead Man is to ensure that the production line flows efficiently through inspections and troubleshooting operational issues.
· Inspects bagging machines prior to shift.
· Corrects minor operational issues with baggers.
· Trains new employees on the proper way to stack product on pallets.
· Checks all employees are performing duties in a safe manner.
· Audits product to ensure it is packaged and stacked properly prior to being moved to the freezer.
· Guides new and seasonal employees during peak production months.
· Ensures workspace is clean and organized daily in compliance with all regulations.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
· Minimum 3 years’ working experience in a manufacturing setting.
· Minimum 1 years’ experience in a supervisory role considered an asset.
· Must hold and maintain forklift operating license.
· Must have high school diploma.
· Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs. repeatedly.
· Strong mechanical background.
· Commitment to superior customer service.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office products.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Milwaukee, WI, USA