Distribution Supervisor - Lansing, Michigan
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the Distribution Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and dispatching drivers, making deliveries to customers on assigned routes, and maintaining driver documentation and reports.
• Accountable for assisting with the coordination of delivery routes and dispatches drivers.
• Responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and daily supervision of all distribution staff.
• Communicates and directs drivers in day-to-day assignments.
• Coordinates the availability of trucks for ice delivery as well as repairs and maintenance.
• Delivers and sells ice and related products.
• Operates all models of delivery vehicles in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
• Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of delivery vehicle (interior and exterior) at all times.
• Reviews and completes driver log and vehicle inspection report.
• Reconciles cash and driver invoices as well as inventories to product quantities sold.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
• High school diploma is required.
• Must have and be able to maintain a CDL-A drivers’ license.
• 2 years’ experience working in a distribution environment.
• 1 years’ experience working in a supervisory role.
• Familiarity with Department of Transportation & Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Basic math functions.
• High attention to detail and time management skills.
• Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs.
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lansing, MI, USA