Distribution Manager (Multi Facility) - Mississauga, Ontario
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Distribution Manager (Multi Facility):
Reporting to the Area Vice President, The Distribution Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the Managers and Supervisors of 6 branches while providing support in such key areas as safety, compliance, customer service, employee development and P&L management.
- Supports the Managers in the tactical and strategic operating activities of the Distribution department within the region.
- Assists Managers in the management, hiring and training of the distribution staff.
- In conjunction with branch leadership, coordinates delivery routes and ensures delivery personnel maintain a superior level of customer service through an organized routing system.
- Ensures compliance of all Arctic Glacier requirements including but not limited to daily reconciliation of packaged ice transfers, daily trip reports, Smart Drive coaching, route compliance, driver scheduling, overtime management and inventory management.
- Acts as Arctic Glacier’s distribution expert by keeping abreast of distribution best practices, operational and technology advancements.
- Effectively manages regional business units through annual budget planning to ensure actual expenses are managed as close to budget as possible.
- Oversees performance management of Managers and their distribution staff.
- Endorses the safe and compliant operation of the distribution centers under their leadership.
- Implements and maintains budget by controlling costs.
- Compiles accurate and complete inventory reports.
- Maintains employee morale monitored through high retention of drivers and positive feedback from customers.
- Employs proper staffing levels to ensure efficient operation of department.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will have 5 - 8 years’ of experience working within a distribution environment in a leadership role, preferably in the food industry.
- Ability to receive and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License – Class D
- Experience working in a Direct Store Delivery environment managing a fleet of company leased vehicles & drivers
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to react to a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Experience in direct/indirect influencing is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of customer database and route system.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Familiar with Ministry of Transportation Offices and Ministry of Labour regulations.
- Broad knowledge of sales management and distribution practices and trends.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Arctic Glacier welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Mississauga, ON, Canada