Rutland - Plant Manager
Just the Tip of the Iceberg.
There’s more than meets the eye at Arctic Glacier. Sure, there are great opportunities, but there’s also the cool culture, friendly environment and solid work ethic.
Here, you’ll work with a team to get the job done, and help each other to solve problems and meet client commitments. Even better? You’ll have the support of co-workers and managers who will roll up their sleeves to pitch in. In the end, the people of Arctic Glacier stand behind what they say they, and does what they say they’ll do. This simple formula leads to the success, and personal gratification of feeling valued.
The Opportunity - Plant Manager
Reporting to the Area Vice President, the Plant Manager will be responsible for developing business strategies and managing operational activities in order to achieve established goals and operational objectives ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards. This position will manage various areas of the operation such as planning, production, warehouse, quality, maintenance, safety and labor relations.
- Establish and manage plant operational budgets and implement actions to control day-to-day costs and achieve financial objectives.
- Establish workforce and capital requirements to meet business strategies.
- Develop and execute business plans and KPI’s that align with corporate objectives by setting plant objectives and implementing necessary actions to attain them.
- Ensure efficiency of operations by optimizing resources.
- Responsible for promoting health and safety culture by taking proactive actions and eliminating health and safety risks.
- Manage continuous improvement integration and cost reduction methods.
- Effectively communicate plant goals, objectives and results to various levels of the organization.
- Ensure training, communication, and initiatives are effectively communicated to production employees.
- Create and maintain a safe plant environment with tools, machinery and equipment is in good working order.
- Work in compliance with company standards, State and Federal government regulations and food safety quality standards.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years’ experience working within a manufacturing environment in a leadership role, preferably in the food industry.
- Ammonia refrigeration and freezer experience is highly desired.
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, inventory processes.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work within a team environment dealing with high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Power Point, Excel and Outlook.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Rutland, VT 05701, USA